Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Brick011210: My Man Mike McG


Hey, Babies
As you may know, I've been diggin' for interviews.Scored another one...My man - Michael "Mike" McGlone.I was in english class with this man! I'm watching The Bone Collector years ago and I see him in it.I'm watching HBO, back when they were doing the Subway Stories and there he is...Dry humpin' Rosie Perez!! I'm like........Damn! The man does EVERYTHING..sing, act, comedy, voiceovers, stage...I'm happy to know him, plus, he's an all around good guy.Still remembers me...very humble.
That's what I like about blogging...gives me a platform, but, gives me a reason to reach out to people!
Anyway, here we go: Michael McGlone



Ink: Knowing you in Prep, you were a comedian, actor, and musician. What has changed?

Well, principally, what’s changed is that I don’t wear a book bag anymore…and I don’t study anything that doesn’t interest me. Truly, all kidding aside, I don’t wear a book bag anymore. (I imagine you smiling here…)

In all seriousness, it is true that, for most part, the major aspects of my life are all essentially the same. I Love to create, to make people laugh, to sing and write and perform, and I have been blessed to be able to continue to do them now, exclusively. And in ways that bring me awesome Happiness…


Ink: What are your musical projects?

My first two Records, HERO and To Be Down, respectively, have been released and are available across the web…in all the major e-tailers, as they’re called. I am currently completing work on my Third Album, SPEED, and have been recording another song, as a single. A very special song that I look to promote, uniquely, in conjunction, and support of the release of the Third Record.

Ink:What are your acting projects?
Having made my debut as an actor in The Brothers McMullen, the same year it was released I made another Film with the same director (Eddie Burns), called She’s the One… Some other Films are One Tough Cop, The Bone Collector (with Denzel Washington), Hard Ball (with Keanu Reeves), Dinner Rush (with Danny Aiello)…

Most recent news, has been the area of Television, as the I appeared on the second season of Starz’ series CRASH, starring Dennis Hopper and Eric Roberts. In a role of a darker variety I play(ed) a gangster/entrepreneur who comes on the scene to blackmail one of his debtors’ girlfriends, played by Moran Atias. From there forward the story-line unfolds in, literally, explosive ways.

This season premiered on Starz late 2009, and so can be viewed now on Starz on Demand, Online, or on DVD (in the coming months). I appear in episodes 2, 3 & 6.

To learn more about the Show, anyone can go to:

http://www.Starz.com/Originals/CRASH

Another series of mine, that ran on SpikeTV, The Kill Point is available on DVD.

Most recently, though, my appearances on TV have been as the hard-boiled Host on the new Geico commercials…a funny string of spots in which I put rhetorical questions to the audience…

As to the future, I don’t talk about things that are not, finally, contractually, definite…but, I can tell you, with faith, I feel very strongly about this year.


Ink: You've done TV and Movies. Which do you prefer? Why?

I don’t have a preference between the two…they are equally satisfying, for different reasons. And, centrally, for me, it’s always the writing that matters most. When that’s there, any form of performing it is a joy.

Ink:I've been to your site (www.MichaelMcGlone.com) and I noticed you've worked with a good number of notable actors/actresses, anyone you loved working with? Anyone you'd like to work with?

Indeed, on both counts. My first two Films with Eddie Burns, The Brothers McMullen and She’s the One, were especially enjoyable because Eddie and I worked so well together…we had fun, everyday… His writing and his personality were major reasons why. Jennifer Aniston was/is Lovely…and there are so many others I enjoyed, too…but, I don’t want to inundate you with a list…

As to who I’d like to work with…there are so many, too…because there are so many fine actors in the world…and so, again, I’ll just give you a few names: Nick Nolte, Anthony Hopkins, Meryl Streep.

Ink:You do impressions. I've seen your Christopher Walken. Who else do you
impersonate?

Sometimes if I haven’t done them in awhile I forget that I impersonate certain people, but the ones I recall at the moment: Jack Nicholson, Richard Nixon, Peter Falk…Richard Burton…


Ink:Ever been approached, positively or negatively, about your impressions by your
"victims"? Share a quick story, if you don't mind.


I can’t say, in my professional career, I’ve ever been approached…but when we were in school, you might remember Mr. Brennan; he found out I did an impression of him, and in one of my many visits to detention (which he oversaw) he asked me to do it. I remember I was nervous as I didn’t want to offend him, because frankly, I always did him in a very exaggerated way to make people laugh…and I wouldn’t have wanted him to feel put off; not only because he was the Dean of Discipline, but because I really liked him. I was relieved, after I did it to see, he really enjoyed it. Which was the best review of that impression I could have ever received.

Ink: What drives you to be so multi-talented?

I consider my talents Gifts from God…and so the drive is not so much to be multi-talented…but make the most out of the talents I’ve been given. And that drive comes from wanting to reach the highest level of self-fulfillment. Which is not to say, wealth—though sometimes that comes from it—but the desire to know you have given yourself fully to something. It’s not only a work ethic, it’s a Love of self. Which I also consider a Gift from God; and I gratefully acknowledge it.

Ink: Can I have your autograph?

Yes.

Ink:As clichéd as this may be, do you have any advice for aspiring actors/actresses,
musicians?

To persist, is to succeed.


Big shout to my man, Mike McGlone, for his time..Really appreciate it...You can find Mike in any of these:





















quick note: Welcome "DeeCee" to the Conglomerate....Now as the great street poet(i.e. Rapper/MC) PMD once said, "Music, please"...

Das EFX - They Want EFX
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=69DICY87

Das EFX - Mic Checka
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GCHCPBEM

Das EFX - Straight Out The Sewer
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M31JDA83

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to have linked up with Mike again!!! He's truly a good dude!!!! i finally jumped onto your blog site!!! I'm diggin it!! I'm gonna have to do some free promo work via Facebook!!!!! CMB...we all we got!!!! (my new motto!!!...hehehehehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bad , im new at this...that was my post up above!!! hahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete