Monday, January 12, 2015

My Experience Placing A Facebook Ad on a Shoestring Budget

December 7, 2014:


** Image taken from Google Images**


Did you click the link? Click the "Hellooo La La La" for a quick chuckle.

Anywhoo...New England Patriots play the San Diego Chargers today. Go Pats!

I got an email recently to join the Facebook Ads Academy . Joining it will get you up to speed on the benefits of running an Facebook Ad campaign. I, instead, learned what I could for free and then ventured out on my own. I ran two campaigns :

  1. Inqronicles: The Facebook page - obtaining more "Likes"
  2. The IE Shoppe - a Tee shirt shop. A place to raise funds for the site.I was looking to get people to the site itself.
In the past, I would target EVERYONE, check the results in 7 days, and then narrow my target to the people who responded. When I first did it I was paying $2 a day.This round , I did $5 a day (Damn). I actually started the campaign for Inqronicles yesterday. On top of that, I sent 15 "invites" out to friends, and used my email list to promote the page , as well ( to join the list , put in YOUR information on the left of this post.Over there where it says "Join the Empire").

Placing an ad on Facebook is exciting and suspenseful. Once you fix up your ad and pick your targeted audience, you must wait for an approval from Facebook.That's the suspense.

Once approved, you'll start to see some action! Here's where it gets exciting!You'll see how much of your daily budget has been spent. You'll see how much of a reach, or who saw your ad, you're getting.You'll be able to do reports after a day, or so, to see the age, gender and other categories (or filters) of who's seeing your ad.

I begin designing shirts on this day, as well. I started with an organization I founded back in the 90's called the Undadog Family (UdF).I designed a logo for the group, back then, and for some reason they want the shirts again.Here they are:

Freddie Flames

Myself

A Twitter fan
I ran a 7 day crowd-funding campaign for the tees.Posted a link in the UDF Group ( on Facebook), promoted to individuals in the group, and contacted people who did reserves in my past crowd-funding campaigns.This got me to open up a Tee Shirt shop to sell the tees. I also design two more shirts, so that I could open the online store.I wanted to run Facebook ads so I also created a Facebook page, for the shop, to do that.

From these ads today:
  • I gained 6 likes for Inqronicles: Facebook page. (2) were from the Facebook ad, (4) from invites I sent
  • I gained 3 orders from 2 people for UDF Tees
Not bad results.As a matter of fact, some of you are people who responded to the ad.

I thank you. I appreciate you.

If you want to get the word out, if you are trying to get traffic to your site or are selling a product, go with Facebook ads.They are cost effective and very efficient.

My next foray into advertising will be with Google AdWords. I've always been a little intimidated with doing that, but Facebook ads took a little bit of the "edge off".

Have you ever created a Facebook ad? Comment below and let me hear your story!


Until next week...

Yohoooooo !



Emperor, Inkland Empire




No comments:

Post a Comment