Saturday, September 28, 2013

Brick #4: Inkland Empire Blueprint

Empire Blueprints
"Failing to plan is planning to fail" ~Alan Lakein


Hey!

After looking at my numbers, I see that changing the focus, social media and consistent posting is bringing a different audience AND increasing viewership! Yes!

This posting I'm going over my plans to build this Empire.That way I can be held accountable for my actions.This also allows me to go back and read past posts to keep myself on track ( if YOU don't !!).

As it stands I have 3 blogs I write:
  1. This one
  2. Dummy Sauce
  3. Undadog Hip Hop
  4. Coming Soon !? I'm in negotiations with this one.It'll be about a current Scholar/Professor/Public Speaker
Video shows (that are currently on hold):
  1. Dummy Sauce
  2. Inky Mann's World
I started a weekly newsletter called The Inkland Empire (sign up for it is on the sidebar).I'm shopping printers and suppliers for merchandising each project.I'm still developing each blog, as well.  I've opened an Amazon Seller account. I have an eBay store already (currently closed).

I'm spreading myself thin! Or am I?

My goal is to set up systems, hire people to fill in some of the "cogs" in the systems and keep on going. I've learned that outsourcing is the way to go! Actually, I'm reading a book called Outsourcing Mastery: How to Build a Thriving Internet Business with an Army of Freelancers, by Steve Scott. The book tells you Steve's techniques on how to build an efficient team, where to get them and so on. Outsourcing seems to come up a lot when it comes to building a form of passive income. Passive income being money you make 24 hours a day. I follow Pat Flynn for this, too.

The 3 Blogs

What I do is come up with topics by reading all sorts of things, newspapers, magazines, other blogs whatever gets the mind going.I devote the day I'm publishing a particular blog to all things related to that blog's subject/topic.For example, I publish this blog on Saturday, so, I'll write, edit, check metrics and anything else dealing with this blog on Saturdays, for now.I also seek out interviews, which I'm doing at the moment for this blog.I'm on the lookout  for famous/popular people and business owners.

There is a group called The Foundation (Dane Maxwell), that I follow for this, too. They spotlight entrepreneurs for business owners to get the feel of TRUE entrepreneurship.\

I'm also working on administering a blog for a friend of mine who is a college professor in Connecticut, a nationally recognized Scholar and public speaker.He's all for it, now, we are just working out the details.

Lastly, I'm learning how to build niche sites, so that I can have an impressive portfolio of websites that make money. I'm reading How to Make Money Online (Mike Omar), How to Find a Profitable Blog Topic Idea and How to Write Great Blog Posts That Engage Readers (both by Steve Scott) to help me with that. All very informative. They are literally step-by-step.

The Video Shows

At the moment, I'm not recording.I'm writing shows, working on Intros and "outros" and seeking a camera. I've been using the Flip Camera and I want another one.Problem is they don't make them anymore.anything like that HD quality at an affordable price range will do, though. any suggestions? I'm not ready for a film crew, yet, so..

The Inkland Newsletter

The point of the newsletter is to keep my followers informed as to what I'm doing with my Empire. I've learned that people DO want to know how you do it, so, I give a weekly account.It's kind of a supplement to this blog.wanna join? Fill in your information in the sidebar with the directions " Join the Empire". I also added a SpeakPipe tag along the right side of the blog (see it? It says " Your Voice Here".It's an opportunity for you to leave me a voice message.Tell me anything! At this point I just want to hear from my followers (YOU)!

Merchandise

I'm designing logos and images for the different publications. There have been requests for t shirts and I'm thinking I'll get into hats, as well.Why not? It can definitely help me raise funds for my projects.It can provide value to you, too.I have a resource for private labeling on everything from shirts to sunglasses. I also have a friend who owns a clothing store.I believe if the designs are good enough, we can get some distribution going!

Amazon.com

In a way, I'm developing a partnership with Amazon. I have ads alongside this blog as well as having a Kindle Publishing account ( for later) and a Seller Account. Similar to eBay, I'm able to sell products for a profit! The game, for me, is to learn the system.I'm doing this because, Why not, and my eBay store is closed. I want on online store.Until I get a big enough name, I need to use popular tools to get my "retail on".

This is it! I figure with these I can make a decent income and then get into other endeavors.
  • I'm looking at Rap music production.I'd like to be able to have my bills paid while I'm making music for profit!
  • I'd love to help my Father get his Travel Agency off the ground and..
  • Id like to get my brother's carpentry business off the ground
These are some of my goals in life.Will I do it? I believe so.I have a plan.





No comments:

Post a Comment