Saturday, October 5, 2013

Talking with My Man Mike McGlone (Again)

Earlier in this blog (click to see) , I've put spotlight on famous friends of mine.One being a friend of mine who I went to Prep School with.His name is Michael McGlone. You may remember him in the GEICO commercials, among other things.

Michael McGlone headshot
My Man, Mike McGlone

Michael McGlone  has an impressive resume(click his name to see), always has.It continues to get bigger!I caught up with Mike recently to get an update on him.

Always a humble guy.Always answers my emails, Facebook posts, even watches MY videos. A man worth admiring.

INQ: In our last interview you had two Records, HERO and To Be Down, respectively, that have been released and are available across the web. You were completing work on your third Album, SPEED, and was recording another song, as a single. A song that you were looking to promote in conjunction, and support of the release of the Third Record. This was around 2009. What’s new?

MIkeM: Speed is finished and my fourth as yet untitled album is near complete…the response to the single Move and Remember was very good and I look forward to exploiting the new work(s) through unique digital distribution and placements in Film and TV…

INQ:  Who have you worked with since then?

MIkeM: The most notable news since last we spoke are the production of a few Films, including my Third Feature Film with Eddie Burns, The Fitzgerald Family Christmas, and a recurring role on CBS’s Person of Interest starring Taraji Henson, Jim Caviezel and Michael Emerson…I played Detective Bill Szymanksi of the Organized Crime Task Force in seasons 1 and 2…

INQ:  What are your current projects?

MIkeM: There is a Film I made in Sarasota, staring Danielle White, Armand Assante and Ed Lauter called Blind Pass on its way and in early October I will be traveling to Brazil to work with Sam Neil on the Feature F2014… In addition to this, my Boxing training and fitness, generally are taking a much larger role in my life and I’m thrilled with that aspect. Intense workouts everyday…

INQ:    What does your future look like?

MIkeM: Continuing the training, making the new Film and more Films…landing the next gigs, whatever they may be in Film TV and/or Stage…and my writing, my novels and that for the screen… There are a few projects I am excited about in these areas but am not speaking very freely of as I don’t talk about works-in-progress, but I assure you you can look forward to powerful and exciting Michael McGlone exposure…

INQ:      If someone wanted you to be a part of their project, how would they go about reaching you?

MIkeM: Offers and interests go through the LA or NY office of Don Buchwald and Associates…or through my manager/partner Rob Findlay, at Rob@MichaelMcGlone.com...

INQ:      You have many credits in various forms of Entertainment: Singer, Actor, Comedian, Musician, and Writer. Are you still doing all of this?

MIkeM: I am, very Happily…

INQ:     How do you manage your time?

MIkeM: By determining what is most important and pressing and working on that until responsibilities are met…and only if it is possible without interfering with the highest priority’s Success, do I engage in other projects/work simultaneously…

INQ:      What’s a typical day like?

MIkeM: I wake and get my tea started, take my vitamins, do my push-ups (210 average a day)…gulp my tea when it’s ready: 4 cups (17 ounces each), with raw honey and almond milk…get online to get email out of the way and then work on whatever is calling if there is time and there are no appointments, but whatever happens into the late afternoon, I will be leaving Home anywhere between 4 and 5, generally, everyday to train…most days, running to Central or Riverside Park to jump rope at some length, sometimes do stairs, shadow box and engage in other boxing relevant cardio training, and then, many days over the Summer, end it with a Soul Cycle Class. Over the Summer I have taken a great number of these, and they have been a wonderful part of my routine. When that’s done, if I don’t have plans, it is to get something smaller to eat and/or drink to refuel and then Home again to settle in, have dinner, and watch a program or movie, then read and to bed…(sometimes before bed though I answer interview questions at a little before midnight ;)

Mike McGlone working out
Mike McGlone getting his "Boxing on"

Mike McGlone working out 2
Prepared to kick ass!


INQ: Any last words?

MIkeM: Yes: Thank you and I Wish you and yours and all your readers Happiness and Success…

I thank you, Michael,  for taking the time to let me interview you, again.Always a pleasure!

I chose to do this because it's inspiring.Mike has to hustle to get roles, get paid - he's multifaceted.With all his talents, he's built an Empire for himself. He uses his talent to make money. That's what I'm doing. That's what I'm showing you.

I use my resources to get me further...Do YOU do that?

As Mike says, thank YOU, Readers, I wish YOU happiness and success!

No comments:

Post a Comment